Things have been quiet for the most part, still marching onward with a long-standing work project for the most part but also been doing a bit more online learning and lining up a few new things to look at.
Here's a few of my recent finds and things that have been keeping my interest...
- Buildspace.so has a collection of educational projects that they run in cohorts so you have other people doing the same thing at the same time to communicate and work with. A lot of it revolves around the Web 3/Blockchain/NFT space which has been a new area for me to dig into.
- Scrimba.com has a bunch of different hands-on tech educational stuff and I feel like their Learn React course is the first one that's really clicked for me (bonus points: free, and current).
- Crypto Zombies is a fun walkthrough dealing with "smart contracts", the tech that handles adding data to the blockchain and ways to interact with that data. (Also: zombies, and amusing game-oriented stuff to give it some flavor...of brains.)
Things I'm contemplating in the near future...
- Google is offering free technical writing courses.
- W3C/WAI has a free online course in digital accessibility foundations that sounds promising.
- React is of course only step one, after that I want to start the Netlify Next.js from the Ground Up tutorial.